Friday, 23 September 2011

A sad day in the Lumb House


I've decided that this blog should also be about
the things that happen in our family.


Today is not a good day as one our hens has died.....
Amy went out this morning only to come running in
to tell us that her hen 'Starling' wasn't breathing

Dad went out & he told her that she was sleeping
& that it was Mums hen 'Edith' nor hers !


Amy was so upset not convinced with Dads story

They went off to school and on our return
we checked on the girls .....

Sadly Amy was right ....one of the hens was on her last breath

Which ever one it was (they all look the same)
is now on her way to heaven.....


Tea time won't be a happy time for the girls

They will probably want to say prayers and do a ceremony

as they did when 'Mabel' the fish died....




Just felt I had to blog abou this day

I will continue tomorrow with my challenges


Kathryn


3 comments:

  1. Sorry to hear about the hen. We've had so many pets over the years yet it never gets any easier when one dies. We had lots of ceremonies too. How did your ballet lesson go? I did ballet in to my teens and loved it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My ballet lesson went fine ... I could remember some of the arm positions which was a miracle considering how long ago I did ballet.
    I keep thinking that this is going to be tough but I will not give up ...

    ReplyDelete
  3. We too had the funeral rites with guinea pigs and hamsters and gerbils. Including the prayer that went "Thank you Jesus for coming alive again after 3 days. We pray for Bubble who has died and...sob sob" [parents exchanging anxious glances, what will she say next? and how will we deal with it?] "sob, sob....please look after Bubble in heaven" Heartfelt loud Amens all round!!

    ReplyDelete